Jun 5, 2012

Rose Doily

So many things to do and so less time to do them! That's a crafter's  eternal problem. Having tried my hands at almost all things crochet, i found myself thinking of dollies. Crochet is probably the best method to do this, expect maybe tatting(which i can never learn!) I had never done a doily before and decided it was high time i give it a go...

The thing about internet is you have too many options. After searching for patterns i found out that i did not like the traditional round or shell or pineapple patterns. No they are not for me. Neither did i like the star ones. Flower dollies looked a bit too frigidity and frilly for me. So with so many restrictions i had to narrow down to a select few. However i kept coming back to see this on Ravelry. Its flowery, rosy, has circles and also leaves. My mind couldn't go off it. I HAD TO HAD TO HAD TO do it.

Here's a look at what i came up with...



With all the possible colors in stash, it was really difficult to select the rose color for the pattern. But since i know this is a gift, i could easily zero in the colors.

Love the blues, maybe next one would be in red and orange with a cream centre...Already my eyes are colorful..ha ha



Little Miss's "Actually Phone". I keep telling her that it is actually a calculator and she retorts with,"No mamma, it's my Actually Phone"!



One on a color background.

 
The tool - clover 2.0 mm hook, without which thread crochet is so much more difficult.. Love my clover needles.

Not sure how much more hooky stuff i can get done as i need to do some cleaning up and bore myself with domestic chores. We are leaving for the last leg of our India Trip to my mother-in-laws house in a week's time and i need to correct and repair my mom's house before i go, else she may not call me and my little ones again :))

Taata..and happy weekful hooky to all of you!!


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ranjana for your comments and encouragement!

      Delete
  2. cant take my eyes off! these are my fav colours n this doily is soo soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ninu, I hope the receiver of the gift likes it too!!

      Delete
  3. It is very beautiful! Thank you for the link to the instructions
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrin Welcome. Hope to see your doily soon :)

      Delete
  4. Your doily is beautiful! Love the shades of blue you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rajeswari, Your doily looks exquisite.. Love the Blues.. I made one after inspired by yours.. You can find it here.
    http://crochetkumari.blogspot.in/2013/09/irish-rose-doily.html

    I am following your every post.. and they are great.. especially the ones you make for your kids.. I am a to be mom in a couple of weeks and i am sure your posts and patterns would be very useful for me in future :) Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rajeswari,
    Youe doily looks exquisite,, Love the Bluess,. After inspired by yours i made one and you can find it here.
    http://crochetkumari.blogspot.in/2013/09/irish-rose-doily.html

    I am following your posts and they are great.. esp the ones you make for your kids. I am a to be mom in a couple of weeks and im sure your posts would help me in the future. :) Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)